April 02, 2022

National Poetry Month & Wordle: The Rules

 Alright chumps, it's been a while. So, to get back into this, and do something I haven't done in a while, here's what's up:

-I do the wordle when it first comes out (PST midnight my time, usually).

-I'm gonna post my results.

-I'm gonna write a poem based upon my results.

-I have to use all the words (the one caveat is that I always use the same starter word, so I'll use the previous wordle's word instead, so I don't keep reusing the same word; but for the first poem, my starter word will be in it).

[meta-note...do people still read blogger?]

-And...depending on how many tries it takes me, is how long the poem is. For example:

One line = it'll never happen, because I use the same word, but let's say it does, then I'll write an Italian Sonnet in full iambic pentameter, which I'll really hate...so my good fortune will be my punishment.

Two lines = a couplet, maybe it rhymes, maybe it doesn't.

Three lines = a haiku

Four lines = a quatrain

Five lines = a limerick (classy, but the short rhymes will be the answer...spoiler)

Six lines = I've thought a lot about this, and I rarely get this (#humblebrag), so, to challenge myself, I'll write a sestina, using all six words. I do love sestinas, but dammit I haven't written those in a while.

Oh, and titles will be written AFTER the poems.

Alright chums up, let's do this...

pb


PS spoiler warnings