September 04, 2013

The Paralytic

                                                      inspired by
                                                      Edna St. Vincent Millay's "The Penitent"


I had a little Fear,
          Born of a racing Mind,
I found a library musty and free
          And invited each, in kind;
And, "go flee, Little Fear," said me,
"And, Racing Mind, quit bein' so fleet,
And upon each poem you will see
          The lover I've tried to find!"

Alas for thorough dreaming--
          That "She" didn't materialize a bit!
As far as seeking a poetic sympathizer,
          "Her" voice didn't gave a shit!
My Little Fear would not flee,
My Racing Mind flew over me--
"To save my heart I need to see
          Another who shares my wit!"

So I got inspired by pirate lore,
          And took m' head out me ass,
And put black Chuck T's on my feet
          To procure this laughing lass.
Since, "I guess my poems aren't being heard,
So fuck it, I'm through bein' a nerd!
If "she" don't appreciate a kind word,
          why, I might as well give this new one,
                                               sass!"